Thursday, February 26, 2009

Winnipeg

(Winnipeg Fashion Statement)

I arrived in Winnipeg yesterday after two uneventful flights. No metal detector alarms went off as I passed through security, and it felt most excellent to be in motion again, striding across an airport terminal with a backpack slung over my shoulder.

Winnipeg is . . . cold, which is . . . wonderful. I felt it as soon as we landed. The plane had been a little too warm during the flight, but as we landed, the air system must have been shut off. Almost immediately, the cold penetrated the fuselage and started to cool the air in the cabin. It felt like some cool and beneficial aura touching my body.

Here are the charms of Winnipeg that I have sampled thus far: Temperatures of -25C in the daytime, Standard Lager, a Canadian health food called poutine, curling championships, Prairie Harvest bakery challah, skating on the Assiniboine River, and an amazing roots band called Oh My Darling (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=352850779).

Looking forward to Max's recital tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment